Diet Tips for Cancer Patients Sanford FL
Lake Mary, FL
Acupressure, Acupuncture, Aromatherapy, Biofeedback, Blood Chemistry Analysis, Chiropractors, Colon Therapy, Color Therapy, Craniosacral Therapy, Detoxification Foot Bath, Ear Coning, Electro-dermal screening, Energy Healing, Flower Essences, Herbology, Homeopathy, Integrative Medicine, Laser Therapy, Light Therapy, Lymphatic Therapy, Massage Therapy, Metaphysics, MicroCurrent Therapy, Myofascial Release, Neurofeedback, NHRT, Nutrition, Osteopathy, Physical / Exercise Therapy, Qi Gong, Reflexolo
Health Center & Holistic Spa
Biofeedback, Bioidentical Hormones, BioMeridian Testing, Blood Chemistry Analysis, Electro-dermal screening, Energy Healing, Flower Essences, Hair Analysis, Herbology, Homeopathy, Integrative Medicine, Kinesiology, Lymphatic Therapy, Massage Therapy, NHRT, Nutrition, Shamanic Healing, Sound Therapy, Wellness Centers
Obstetrics & Gynecology, Nutrition
Medical School: Baylor Coll Of Med, Houston Tx 77030
Graduation Year: 1948
Diabetes Education, Nutrition Counseling, Weight Management, Diet Plan, Sports Nutrition, First Consultation, Weight Loss
Monday:9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tuesday:9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday:9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday:9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday:9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wellness Training, Weight Management, Sports Medicine, Spiritual Attunement, Research, Psychotherapy, Preventive Medicine, Physical Exercise, Pediatrics, Osteopathic/Manipulation, Nutrition, Naturopathy, Mind/Body Medicine, Midwifery, Massage Therapy, Homeopathy, Herbal Medicine, Functional Medicine, Environmental Medicine, Energy Medicine, CranioSacral Therapy, Coaching, Chiropractic, Biofeedback, Aromatherapy, Acupuncture
American Holistic Medical Association
Internal Medicine, Nutrition
Medical School: Med & Pharm Univ, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (942-01 Eff 1/83)
Graduation Year: 1972
Internal Medicine, Nutrition
Medical School: Patrice Lumumba People'S Friendship Univ, Med Fak, Moskva, Russia
Graduation Year: 1969
Hospital: Orlando Regional Med Center, Orlando, Fl
Group Practice: Orlando Internal Medicine
Lake Mary, FL
Web Exclusive - Diet Tips for Cancer Patients
By Mitchell Gaynor, MD
Is it possible to put together a diet that supports your immune and detoxification systems while simultaneously boosting your antioxidant protection? Yes, and it is vital that we all do so. Today, we live in what can only be described as a toxic siege. I have seen thousands of cancer patients change the way they eat—and feel healthier for it. Here are some basic suggestions:
• Eat cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, bok choy, and kale.
• Include omega-3 fatty acids from cold-water fish such as salmon, haddock, or cod once or twice weekly. Use ground flaxseeds on cereal occasionally.
• Eat at least six servings of vegetables every day. These should include umbelliferous vegetables, such as carrots, celery, and parsley. Also include legumes, such as peas and soybeans.
• Eat such natural cycloxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitors as turmeric (which contains curcumin), red grapes (which contain resveratrol), propolis, cold-water fish, and rosemary (which contains carnosol).
• Lower your intake of polyunsaturated fatty acids and be especially wary of hydrogenated oils, including margarine.
• Avoid processed sugars and refined carbohydrates, such as white flour, cake, and candy
• Include soy in the form of soy milk, miso, and tofu in your daily diet.
• Drink at least two cups of green tea daily.
• Eat carotenoids, which are found in vegetables such as beets, carrots, kale, lettuce, seaweed, spinach, squash, sweet potatoes, Swiss chard, and tomatoes.
• Eat allium vegetables, such as onions, leeks, shallots, and garlic, as part of your daily diet.
• Include fruits daily, such as apples, avocados, cantaloupe, guavas, kiwis, mangoes, nectarines, raspberries, red grapes, strawberries, and watermelon.
• Eat natural, antibiotic-free, hormone-free meats and always remove the skin from fish, chicken, and turkey.
• Buy a juicer and create concoctions that include beet, carrot, watercress, parsley, apple, and ginger; this is a great way of achieving the six to eight servings of fruits and vegetables you need each day.
• Olive oil should be included in salads and dips or poured over vegetables after they are cooked; heating denatures the beneficial nutrients in olive oil.
• Eat organic. Organic food may be more expensive and difficult to find (though becoming less so day by day), but it is a crucial piece of the puzzle. Whey you buy nonorganic fruits and vegetables, you really have no idea how much pesticide and herbicide residue is left either on the produce or inside the produce. When using nonorganic produce, scrub and wash it thoroughly to remove as much contamination as possible. It is a good idea to wash organic food as well.
Dr. Gaynor is founder and president of Gaynor Integrative Oncology and assistant clinical professor of medicine at Weill College, affiliated with Cornell University and New York Hospital. He is also on this book’s advisory board.
Author: Mitchell Gaynor, MD
Copyright 1999-2009 Natural Solutions
2013 Florida Dietetic Association Annual Symposium
Dates: 7/14/2013 – 7/17/2013
Hilton Orlando Bonnet CreekOrlando
14100 Bonnet Creek Resort Lane
2015 Florida Dietetic Association Annual Symposium
Dates: 7/12/2015 – 7/15/2015
Hyatt Regency Grand CypressOrlando
One Grand Cypress Blvd.
AAOMS - American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons 95th Annual Meeting, Scientific Sessions, & Exhibition
Dates: 10/7/2013 – 10/12/2013
The Peabody Orlando and Orange County Convention CenterOrlando
9800 International Drive
The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS), the professional organization representing more than 8,500 oral and maxillofacial surgeons in the United States, supports its members' ability to practice their specialty through education, research, and advocacy. AAOMS members comply with rigorous continuing education requirements and submit to periodic office examinations, ensuring the public that all office procedures and personnel meet stringent national standards.Join the association for their annual meeting this year in Orlando.There may be many networking opportunities at the AAOMS - American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons 95th Annual Meeting, Scientific Sessions, & Exhibition. Find out more in the event details below.All information in Events In America is deemed to be accurate at the time we add it,and we take steps to verify all details and update our records when new information is provided, but as people, events and circumstances change, we caution users to independently confirm all information. EventsInAmerica.com and Events In America LLC make no guarantee of accuracy and assume no liability for inaccurate information.
2013 - OrlandoJobs.com Florida Classic Diversity Job Fair - Employer Reg
Dates: 11/15/2013 – 11/15/2013
400 West Church Street
4th Annual Florida Blue
Florida Classic Career Expo & Diversity Job Fair
If you want to get in front of diversity job seekers, you need to be a part of this event!
Friday, November 15, 2013
11 AM - 3 PM
(Employer booth set-up at 9 AM)
Size: Be part of the largest diversity job fair and career expo in Florida! More than 5,000 diverse candidates attending.
Visibility: This event is marketed to all major colleges, universities, technical schools, and their alumni, in addition to candidates from around the state of Florida. The marketing of this event will also include billboards (I-4, 408, 436), advertising at the Amway Center, all OrlandoJobs.com event marketing, eblasts to job seekers, eblasts to the Florida Classic parcipants and media coverage.
Partial List of Attending Companies: Chase, Orange County Public Schools, Home Depot, Florida Blue, Orlando Health, Orange Lake, Polk County, Schlesinger Assoc., Convergys, Sears, McDonalds, Wal-Mart, TD Bank, CBS Radio, Marriot Vacations, Liberty Mutual and many more
Watch this Video on why your company should be at the Diversity Career Fair (Highlights of 2011):
More information is available at: http://diversity.orlandojobs.com
Or call us 407.645.4224
2015 Genitourinary Cancers Symposium
Dates: 2/26/2015 – 2/28/2015