Sea Buckthorn Oil Fargo ND
By Lindsay Wilson
That red, itchy, and inflamed patch on your arm that won’t go away may be more than just dry skin. Like millions of other Americans, you may have eczema, a common form of dermatitis. “Doctors and dermatologists will often prescribe steroid creams to relieve the inflammation and itch,” says Alan Logan, ND, a naturopathic physician based in Connecticut, “but these creams can have adverse side effects, including stretch marks, enlarged blood vessels, and discoloration.”
Reach for the sea buckthorn oil instead. This golden red oil, extracted from the berries of the sea buckthorn shrub, is rich in the omega-7 essential fatty acid, palmitoleic acid. “Omega-7s calm itching, burning, and inflammation by building up the skin’s protective lipid layer, which keeps the skin flexible, soft, and supple,” says Logan. Sea buckthorn oil’s antibacterial properties also prevents infection from settling into the cracked skin that often accompanies eczema, says Stephanie Tourles, a holistic aesthetician, herbalist, and author of Naturally Healthy Skin (Storey Publishing, 1999).
We like: Weleda’s Sea Buckthorn Body Lotion, a light blend of organic sesame and sea buckthorn oils that are easily absorbed by the skin. ($20, 3.4 oz; usa. weleda.com )
Supplement with: Sibu’s Sea Buckthorn Omega-7 Skin and Membrane Support to help you
maintain healthy skin from the inside out. ($30, 60 capsules; sibu.com ). —Lindsay Wilson
Author: Lindsay Wilson
Copyright 1999-2009 Natural Solutions: Vibrant Health, Balanced Living/Alternative Medicine/InnoVisi...
- Helps relieve rosacea, acne, eczema
- Helps diminish wrinkles and age spots
- Use to treat burns and wounds
- Promotes skin recovery and healing
- Quick acting and readily absorbed
- For all skin-types
- Helps diminish wrinkles/age-spots
- Quick acting/readily absorbed
- Use to treat burns/wounds
- Pure, organically grown; touch of vitamin E added (0.5%) to preserve the freshness of the oil
- Rich source of omega 7 which helps nourish the skin and maintain its normal cell structure
- Fantastic for the hair, skin and nails
- This oil is cold-pressed from sea buckthorn berry (Hippophae rhamnoides). After cold pressed extraction occurs, the oil is then filtered resulting in a deep red colored oil with a pungent (but not over baring) characteristic odor. Naturally rich in vitamins, essential fatty acids, and nutrients, Seabuckthorn Fruit Oil is known to be a unique ingredient for nutritional supplement and topical applications.
- Nutrients of the Sea Buckthorn berry:Vitamins (A, B1, B2, C, D, K, and P), Omegas or Fatty acids (3, 6, 7 and 9), 24 Lipids, Essential Acids (Organic, Amino and Folic), Tocopherols Flavonoids, Phenols, Terpenes, Tannins,
- Sea buckthorn oil is an xcellent sources of vitamin C and provide superior support to the immune system of the human body. It is also a very good source of vitamin A, needed by the human body to keep the eyes, skin and the bones healthy...Enjoy...FREE SHIPPING within All the USA. International Shipping $13.25.
- Benefits: All these types of nutrients are essential to keep the human skin healthy. The benefit of using sea buckthorn oil on the human skin is that it does not cause any kind of abnormal reaction. Hence, it does not have any kind of side effects. The oil develops a very powerful network of antioxidants and minimizes the harm done by inflammation of the skin. Though oxygen is essential for the human body to survive, free unstable molecules of oxygen oxidize in the presence of pollution or radiation, and damage the human skin. The oxidants are also supplemented by pollutants and particulates. Sea buckthorn oil prevents the process of oxidation near the skin, and also prevents the pollutants from settling on the skin.
- Sea buckthorn oil is an excellent agent for the process of cellular rejuvenation. Hence, most cosmetic manufacturers have products like anti-aging creams and lotions that contain sea buckthorn oil. The importance of including the sea buckthorn oil in creams and lotions has increased even more because of the phenomenon of ozone depletion. The oil extracted from the sea buckthorn berry also has the property of absorbing the harmful ultraviolet rays. The oil's radiation-reduction ability has made it an even more important ingredient in many of the creams and lotions. The ability of the oil to minimize the effect of radiation on the skin was even reported by Russian astronauts.