Non-Pathogenic Supplements Golden CO
Preventive Medicine, Public Health And General Preventive Medecine, Nutrition
Medical School: Univ Of Ne Coll Of Med, Omaha Ne 68198
Graduation Year: 1958
Acupuncture, Chiropractors, EFT / TFT, Herbology, Homeopathy, Integrative Medicine, Iridology, Life Coaching, Magnetic Therapy, Naturopathy, NHRT, Nutrition, Psychotherapy, Spiritual Counseling, Wellness Centers
Acupressure, Acupuncture, Bioidentical Hormones, Blood Chemistry Analysis, Chelation Therapy, Craniosacral Therapy, Detoxification Foot Bath, Flower Essences, Herbology, Homeopathy, Integrative Medicine, Iridology, Kinesiology, MicroCurrent Therapy, Naturopathy, NHRT, Nutrition, Reams Testing, Wellness Centers
Mountain Holistic Health
International Society of Sports Nutrition
Acupuncture, BEST, Bioidentical Hormones, Blood Chemistry Analysis, Breathwork, Chelation Therapy, Chiropractors, Craniosacral Therapy, Energy Healing, Feng Shui, Healing Touch, Herbology, Homeopathy, Integrative Medicine, Jin Shin Jyutsu, Massage Therapy, Matrix Energetics, Meditation, Metaphysics, Myofascial Release, Naturopathy, NHRT, Nutrition, Physical / Exercise Therapy, Reiki, Somatic Therapy, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Tui Na, Wellness Centers, Yoga
Wheat Ridge, CO
Acupuncture, Aromatherapy, Energy Healing, Nutrition, Reiki, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Yoga
Angel Readings, Animal Communicator, Animal Health, Breathwork, Channeling, Crystal Therapy, Distance Healing, Energy Healing, Medical Intuitive, Meditation, Medium, Metaphysics, Nutrition, Past Life Regression, Physical / Exercise Therapy, Pranic Healing, Psychic, Reconnective Healing, Reiki, Remote Healing, Spiritual Counseling, Yoga, Yuen Method
EFT / TFT, EMDR, Energy Healing, Guided Imagery, Herbology, Kinesiology, Life Coaching, Massage Therapy, Meditation, Metaphysics, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Nutrition, Past Life Regression, Physical / Exercise Therapy, PSYCH-K, Psychotherapy, Somatic Therapy, Spiritual Counseling
Internal Medicine, Nutrition
Medical School: Cornell Univ Med Coll, New York Ny 10021
Graduation Year: 1984
Hospital: Vanderbilt Med Ctr, Nashville, Tn
Internal Medicine, Nutrition
Medical School: Wayne State Univ Sch Of Med, Detroit Mi 48201
Graduation Year: 1975
Primer on Probiotics
By Nora Simmons
Probiotic, prebiotic; good bugs, bad bugs. Every time we turn around, another study champions the benefits of these gut-friendly supplements. But what are they? What do they do? Why should we take them? We asked Angelica S. Vrablic, PhD, a leading expert in nutrition research and a probiotic guru, to give us the lowdown. Here’s what we learned:
1. Probiotics are non-pathogenic (not capable of causing harm) bacteria that naturally live in our gut.
2. Probiotics help keep our intestines healthy and our digestive and urinary tracts running smoothly. These immunity boosters keep infection-causing bacteria (think salmonella and ulcer-inducing H. pylori) from thriving in our intestinal tracts by crowding them out and producing proteins that kill them.
3. The body doesn’t make probiotics on its own; we have to supply them, either by eating fermented food or taking supplements. Back in the good ol’ days, when Grandma pickled her garden-grown cucumbers, fermented the cabbage patch into sauerkraut, and cultured her own yogurt, our diets supplied all the healthy flora we needed. But now almost all fermented foods (even those found in natural grocery stores) contain added sugars and have undergone pasteurization, which kills the good bacteria along with the bad. “If you can find unpasteurized fermented foods (kimchi, pickles, and sauerkraut), buy pasteurized yogurt to which the probiotics have been added back, and eat plenty of prebiotics, you don’t need to supplement,” says Vrablic. But if you’re like most of us—and be honest—you need to supplement.
4. And you should. Every day. Especially after you’ve taken antibiotics. “Antibiotics kill bacteria, and because probiotics are bacterial cultures, they can’t survive. Your gut will desperately need to recolonize its healthy flora,” says Vrablic. “But wait until you finish your antibiotics before starting your probiotic supplements.” As long as you’re not on antibiotics currently, you can take probiotics at any time of the day, with or without food. And they’re totally safe; even a first-time probiotic user can confidently take the recommended dose every day.
5. So what is a prebiotic? Simply put, a prebiotic is food—a complex carb (fiber)—for your probiotic bacteria. For example, Lactobacillus acidophilus feed on the lactose from milk; they then produce lactic acid and thus yogurt. Common prebiotics include inulin (carb from chicory), pectin fiber (from citrus fruit), and almonds. Many probiotic supplements will contain a prebiotic formula too.
6. You can find formulas that specifically target different digestive issues: Lactobacillus acidophilus for gassy stomachs and lactose intolerance; bifidobacteria for intestinal problems and deeper digestive issues; or Lactobacillus rhamnosus for general gut and immune support. But Vrablic recommends finding a good all-around daily supplement that includes several strains so that you cover all your bases.
7. When you choose a supplement, rem...
Author: Nora Simmons
Copyright 1999-2009 Natural Solutions: Vibrant Health, Balanced Living/Alternative Medicine/InnoVisi...
AST 45th Annual National Conference - Association of Surgical Technologists
Dates: 5/26/2014 – 5/30/2014
Hyatt Regency Denver Denver
650 15th Street
The Association of Surgical Technologists was established in 1969 by members of the American College of Surgeons (ACS), the American Hospital Association (AHA), and the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN). Their mission is to enhance the profession to ensure quality patient care.AST sponsors an annual national conference that features renowned public and medical presentations. The five-day event includes targeted workshops for educators, surgical assistants, students and practitioners seeking intensive, hands-on training, as well as education sessions that cover a range of specialty areas.Join AST for their conference. Every year, more than 2,000 surgical technologists and surgical assistants gather at this event, because it's the only nationwide professional conference designed exclusively for them.Don't wait to register for the AST 45th Annual National Conference - Association of Surgical Technologists. You'll meet influential people and maximize your opportunities for success. Start now by accessing the information below.All information in Events In America is deemed to be accurate at the time we add it,and we take steps to verify all details and update our records when new information is provided, but as people, events and circumstances change, we caution users to independently confirm all information. EventsInAmerica.com and Events In America LLC make no guarantee of accuracy and assume no liability for inaccurate information.
AORN 62nd Annual Congress - Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses
Dates: 3/7/2015 – 3/12/2015
The annual AORN Congress is the #1 event for professionals in the surgical arena, offering in-person contact with 5,000 leading perioperative professionals, key OR decision-makers, and qualified candidates. Returning exhibitors know the value of Congress - the average exhibiting company has participated in Congress for 11 years.For 50 years AORN's Annual Congress has showcased one of the country's top medical trade shows. The success of Congress and the exhibits is based on the partnership that AORN has with its industry colleagues.Over 500 companies exhibit at AORN Congress to:close sales cost-effectively;launch new products/services, showcase product lines or offer product demonstrations;and develop a rapport with nurses who are potential job candidates oroperating roomproduct end-users, decision-makers and purchasers.AORN is the professional organization of perioperative registered nurses whose mission is to support registered nurses in achieving optimal outcomes for patients undergoing operative and other invasive procedures.Contact the event managers listed below for more information about how you can participate at the AORN 62nd Annual Congress - Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses.All information in Events In America is deemed to be accurate at the time we add it,and we take steps to verify all details and update our records when new information is provided, but as people, events and circumstances change, we caution users to independently confirm all information. EventsInAmerica.com and Events In America LLC make no guarantee of accuracy and assume no liability for inaccurate information.