Prenatal Massage Memphis TN
West Memphis, AR
Please call our office to schedule a consultation or to learn more about the services we offer.
Monday 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Tuesday 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Wednesday 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Thursday 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Acupressure, Applied Kinesiology, Auto Accidents, Chiropractic Traction Therapy, Chiropractic Treatment for Injuries, Chiropractors, Decompression Therapy, Disc Herniation Treatment, Emergency Chiropractic Care, Holistic Chiropractic Care, Homeopathic Medicine, Orthogonal Chiropractic, Pediatric Chiropractic, Personal Injury
Massage Practitioner, Osteopath (DO)
Massage Practitioner, Osteopath (DO), Psychologist
Health Spa, Massage Practitioner
Massage Practitioner, Midwife, Personal Trainer
Prenatal Massage Pointers
Here are a few things to look out for—and avoid—during a prenatal massage or spa treatment.
• Massage therapists with prenatal certification or training
• Massage therapists who are aware of contraindicated reflexive zones and acupressure points
• Pillows, props, and padding. Pregnant women should not lie on their backs for extended periods of time, nor on their bellies. The best position for a massage is either semi-reclined or lying on your side. For a facial, women in their third trimesters might prefer a semi-reclined position rather than on their backs.
• Beauty products that don’t contain parabens, which are absorbed through your skin and could potentially harm your baby. Parabens, widely used as preservatives in skincare products, have been shown to be hormone disruptors that can affect your developing baby’s reproductive organs.
• A massage therapist unfamiliar with working on pregnant women
• Hot tubs, steam rooms, and saunas. They can raise your internal body temperature to unsafe levels.
• Certain aromatherapy oils are contraindicated during pregnancy—such as juniper, clary sage, jasmine, and peppermint—because they can cause premature labor or a miscarriage.
• Deep-massage techniques on the belly or the legs
Copyright 1999-2009 Natural Solutions: Vibrant Health, Balanced Living/Alternative Medicine/InnoVisi...