Carcinogen-Free Cleaning Products Branson MO
Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Diseases
Medical School: Univ Of Zambia, Sch Of Med, Lusaka, Zambia
Graduation Year: 1988
Blue Springs, MO
St Louis, MO
Hospital: St. Johns
Accepting New Patients: Yes
5.0, out of 5 based on 3, reviews.
Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease
St Peter, MO
Saint Louis, MO
Fight Perfume Pollution
As public awareness grows about super-scenting, more companies are providing safer products. Ask questions, do research, share information, and remember not to trust all labels. Most people would never knowingly douse their kids in benzene or dispense narcotics into their neighborhoods from their dryer vents. With full ingredient disclosure, educated consumers will be able to decide what they want to use on their bodies.
- Hundreds of businesses and some towns have already implemented fragrance-free policies in response to the growing number of scent-related health problems. In September 2006, for example, New York state passed a law requiring schools to use cleaning products free of carcinogens, reproductive toxins, or scents that could aggravate asthma. They based their criteria for the products on standards certified by Green Seal (www.greenseal.org), a non-profit organization based in Washington, D.C.
- Call companies to request complete ingredient disclosure and warning labels.
- Email email@example.com to voice your support for national fragrance regulations. Visit www.ehnca.org for more information.
- Send letters to your congressional representatives asking them to demand analysis of fragrance chemicals, accurate labeling of all products, and expansion of right-to-know regulations, so companies will disclose all ingredients.
- Voice your displeasure to establishments that use air fresheners.
- If you have an adverse reaction to a fragrance, report your experience to the Consumer Products Safety Commission (800-638-2772; www.cpsc.gov/incident.html ), the FDA (202-401-9725), and the manufacturer.
- To obtain research reports or to test the toxicity of your own product, air, or other sample, contact a reputable lab, like Anderson Laboratories (www.andersonlaboratories.com; 802-295-7344).
- Take individual responsibility for what you let seep down your own drains. Wastewater plants are not equipped to handle fragrance chemicals, which contaminate waterways and wildlife.
- By purchasing only nontoxic products, consumers send the message that companies will make more money and gain loyal customers if they start using safer ingredients.
Copyright 1999-2009 Natural Solutions: Vibrant Health, Balanced Living/Alternative Medicine/InnoVisi...