Cold & Flu Prevention Dacula GA
Eat to Beat Cold and Flu Season
Ayurveda offers us the secret to staving off illness this winter and throughout the year: Keep your doshas balanced and your immune system in top disease-fighting shape by eating for the season and adding some simple steps to your routine that promote warmth and health. Winter’s cold winds and dry air increase vata and can lead to an imbalance. Some signs of excess vata during the winter include insomnia, stress, worry, constipation, colds and ?us, and joint pain.
Follow these tips from John Douillard, MD, PhD, ayurvedic physician and director of the LifeSpa Ayurvedic Retreat Center in Boulder, CO, to help balance out the season’s vata-amplifying effects.
Stay Warm, Relaxed and Healthy:
- Add ghee, avocado, sesame oil or olive oil to your grains and soups.
- Start your day with warm lemon water to cleanse your lymph.
- Follow a regular rhythm of sleep, exercise, mealtimes and rest.
- Sleep with a warm mist humidi?er to keep your sinuses clear.
- To keep your ears lubricated and thus prevent infections, place a few drops of warm Tri?Doshic Massage Oil in each ear and leave a cotton
ball in for 15 minutes. Perform weekly, particularly for children.
Daily Routines (Dinacharya) for Winter:
- Self?massage with warm Tri?Doshic Massage Oil or raw sesame oil.
- For 8 minutes each morning and evening, breathe slowly and quietly in and out through your nose to calm your mind.
- Exercise in the morning to improve circulation, mood, and immunity.
- Perform Neti (you can buy a neti pot at most natural health stores) by irrigating your nasal passage with warm salt water.
Always follow with Nasya.
- Perform Nasya by dipping a Q?Tip in warm Tri?Doshic Massage Oil or warm sesame oil, swirling it inside your nostrils, and inhaling deeply.
Stock Your Pantry With Vata-Balancing Foods
Copyright 1999-2009 Natural Solutions: Vibrant Health, Balanced Living/Alternative Medicine/InnoVisi...
Rain Fields world book signing tour.
Dates: 5/27/2017 – 5/27/2017
Atlanta, Georgia, United States Atlanta
Rain Fields world wide childrens book signing tour. A book signing for kids of all ages.www.rainfields.webs.com
AMSUS 123rd Annual Meeting - The Association of Military Surgeons of the United States
Dates: 10/29/2017 – 11/3/2017
Exhibit at the AMSUS Annual Meeting, and you will have the opportunity to meet face-to-face with over 3,000 key professionals from federal medical departments and health agencies! Audience members include medical center commanders, hospital staff directors, chiefs of professional services, physicians, nurses, dentists, pharmacists, veterinarians, medical administrators, optometrists, healthcare technologists, and healthcare technicians.The Association of Military Surgeons of the United States (AMSUS) was established in 1891 and incorporated by Act of Congress in 1903. The Constituent Services of the Association include the Medical Departments of the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Public Health Service, and the Department of Veterans Affairs. It is the society of the federal health agencies and, as such, contributes to the improvement of all phases of the federal health services and represents the professional interests of physicians, dentists, nurses, optometrists, pharmacists, veterinarians, healthcare specialists and health administrators.Not sure if you want to exhibit at or attend the AMSUS 123rd Annual Meeting - The Association of Military Surgeons of the United States? See the panels below to get the information you need to make an informed decision.All information in Events In America is deemed to be accurate at the time we add it,and we take steps to verify all details and update our records when new information is provided, but as people, events and circumstances change, we caution users to independently confirm all information. EventsInAmerica.com and Events In America LLC make no guarantee of accuracy and assume no liability for inaccurate information.
SNA Annual National Conference 2017 - School Nutrition Association
Dates: 7/9/2017 – 7/12/2017
Venue TBD Atlanta