Joint Mobility Improvement Specialist Lincoln RI
Joints thrive with compression and decompression, bathing the joint surfaces with synovial fluid. You can help strengthen bones when your direct the appropriate amount of force through the bone, both along the axis/grain of the bone growth as well as at a variety of angles to the axis of the bone. In this movement sequence, focus first on your foot and ankle joints in preparation for standing and walking. Then concentrate on your hip joints, pelvis, and lower spine. Progress up your spine to the ribs, shoulders, arms, and neck. Practice all the movements by sitting first, then standing. Start sitting to lubricate your joints, then advance to standing in order to stimulate your bones with full weight bearing.
• Move slowly and deliberately initially.
• Accelerate the tempo without sacrificing form.
• Move delicately and easily, coaxing comfort into the movement. Do not force the movement. Repetitions:
• Between 3 and 30.
• Start with just a few. As your form improves, you can increase your tempo and your repetitions.
FOR FEET AND ANKLES
This foot massage will prepare the feet and ankles to bear weight in standing and walking and bathe the joints of the foot with synovial fluid.
1. Sit in a chair, crossing your right shin over your left thigh so that both hands can reach the right foot.
2. Place fingers between toes to circle ankle in each direction.
3. Hands move the foot in ankle dorsi flexion and plantar flexion. If you need to modify this exercise, sit on chair, bending your right knee and placing your right foot on top of a low stool so that hands can reach foot. Instead of inserting fingers between toes, hold the forefoot with the opposite hand.
FOR PELVIS AND LUMBAR SPINE
Improve mobility of the hip joint and pelvic area for walking, recreation, dancing and sex.
1. Stand with your feet at shoulder width, knees bent.
2. Rather than aiming your knees and toes straight ahead, rotate outward from the hip so that your right knee and foot aim slightly to the right and your left knee and foot aim slightly to the left.
3. Imagine a colored light source on your tailbone, aiming straight down to the floor. Move your pelvis as if you could draw a circle with this light source on the ground. Draw seven circles in one direction, then reverse direction. Inhale as you draw the half circle behind you. Exhale as you draw the half circle in front of you.
1. Stand as if you were preparing for the pelvic circles.
2. Draw a figure eight (an infinity sign) oriented on an axis that runs through your pelvis from left to right. To start, make one lobe of the eight to your right, then pass through center and draw the second lobe to your left.
3. Repeat three times.
4. Reverse, drawing the left lobe first, then the right lobe. Tip: Activate your deep abdominals by drawing in and up above the pubic bone. This will help decompress your lower back as you focus the movement in your hip joints and pe...
Copyright 1999-2009 Natural Solutions: Vibrant Health, Balanced Living/Alternative Medicine/InnoVisi...